Sunday, May 21, 2017

Joe Biden should have been the 2016 Candidate all along, to be honest. (And Biden 2020 Beats Zuckerberg 2020 hands down!)

It has been reported that former Vice President Joe Biden has come out and said he did not think that Hillary Clinton was the correct candidate for the Democratic Party for the 2016 elections. The reports also said that Mr Biden thought he would have been a better candidate.

Which, to be honest, I totally agree. I only backed Hillary because she was the best out of the available choices (Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz: there's really nothing Obama-like about this lot, to be honest.) I backed Hillary because she was more supportive of free trade than Bernie Sanders, and free trade is good for some small businesses. But then, recent events almost made me wish I had backed Bernie instead: Bernie's awareness that political correctness was damaging the Democrats vs Hillary's constant playing to identity politics is difficult to ignore. I guess my ideal candidate would be one who supports economic freedom but also doesn't play identity politics; something not on offer last year.

Returning to Biden, I think he could have been the best candidate last year had he been able to come forward. Maybe Biden should actually consider running in 2020. At least it would be a better option than Zuckerberg 2020 (seriously that guy's not that much older than me. Who would trust him?)