Saturday, March 17, 2018

No Excuses is yet another familiar sounding track from Meghan Trainor. It's time she raised her game.



Meghan Trainor's latest single, No Excuses, is proving to be another major hit for her. As you would expect it to be - radio friendly, catchy, and all that.

It also sounds familiar. Overly familiar, to be honest. I mean, firstly it's just more of her usual style. It reminds me too much of No (2016), for example. Or Dear Future Husband (2014). I do like her style, but perhaps it's time she introduced a bit of variation. Secondly, it also sounds too much like the generic radio-friendly upbeat song, which means you get tired of it after a short while. She's been a musician for several years now, I really hope she can take her game to the next level, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong though, No Excuses is actually quite good. The TaraElla song I would choose to go with it is The Real World is Overrated. It has the same upbeat style, plus both songs manage to complain about something and yet sound happy about it. If only every time somebody whinged about something in real life, they could sound this happy.