Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Don't Get the Gaga Love

Lady Gaga is generally in my good book nowadays. She stands up for her principles, for starters. She's not as annoying as many other 'popular' people out there. I am still of the opinion she is a two-edged sword for marriage equality, and therefore is not all positive for the movement like Carrie Underwood is for example, but she is doing her bit to get the movement going and I applaud her for that. But I really cannot say that I am a fan.

I know this is controversial, but I have to say it. Aesthetically she is yucky, a total turn off. It's not the way she was born, she looks okay to me when she's all natural, it's her yucky sense of style that I find off putting. Some of her music videos are also stupid and over the top. Just compare her video for Born This Way to, for example, Macklmore's video for Same Love. One is scary, the other one is simple yet moving, and very relatable as a result.

By TaraElla (News, Website)