Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Guess I Have No Choice but to Boycott Miley, for the First Time Ever

We Can't Stop, Miley Cyrus's latest single, has ignited several controversies at once. A major controversy was about a line in the lyrics, 'dancing with Miley' - or was it something else, perhaps even a drug reference?

Now Miley herself has spoken up about it. "It depends who’s doing what. If you’re aged ten it’s ‘Miley’, if you know what I’m talking about then you know. I just wanted it to be played on the radio and they’ve already had to edit it so much," she told the Daily Mail in the UK. It doesn't appear to clear anything up to me, but she is at least letting the controversy boil on.

I guess now I have no choice but to call for a boycott of the song officially, unless she comes out and officially states that it is NOT what some people think it is. I am also officially backing away from the role model thing. The old Miley was a great role model, I'm not sure about the new one. I have given Miley many chances to prove herself to be a worthy family orientated public figure, but I am afraid that maybe she has now strayed too far.

By the way, no ten year old should be listening to stuff like that, Miley. You should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting that.

By TaraElla (News, Website)