Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ellen Page says "Being gay isn’t a belief"

Ellen Page's very public coming out last month provoked lots of responses. Most of it was supportive, but some of it was not.

Recently, she decided to reply to a pastor who was not supportive. "Being gay isn’t a belief," she tweeted.

I think she put it very well here. I actually can't believe that in this day and age there are still people who believe being gay can be a choice. It's a ridiculous idea, like thinking the Earth is flat. Whilst we need to be respectful of different opinions and ideologies, I don't think we need to entertain seriously the idea that the Earth is flat, when there is plenty enough evidence that this isn't the case, right?

However, I do have to say that I don't agree with the other part of the tweet, where she said "I don’t want arms of Heavenly Father around me.A girls arms? Yes." I think that was quite impolite of her. Whatever one's religious beliefs, one must be able to show they respect others' religious beliefs too.

By the way, if you still aren't angry about people thinking gay is a choice, you need to see this: