Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey - Or Is It Fifty Shades of Scary?

Fifty Shades of Grey is one recent cultural phenomenon I really don't understand. Although I have never read the book, I had heard of it, and knowing what it is about, I have always had no intention of reading it. I mean, it isn't something that would make me happy or excited in any way, right? Anyway, I really never understood why anyone would want to read something like that.

Fast forward to 2015, when the movie came out. Some of my friends wanted to go and see it, because it was such a 'phenomenon', so I went along. And the theatre was packed, too. But after three hours, I still don't know why anyone would love this movie or book. I mean, it may as well be called fifty shades of scary. All the way through the movie, I kept thinking, please don't ever let me meet a man like that.

So what is it that has caused so many people to fall in love with such a scary book and movie? I don't know. Maybe you can tell me.