Thursday, November 12, 2015

Episode 1: Taylor Swift thinks Cool is Overrated. Do we agree?

Tara: Country singer Kelsea Ballerini recently told media that her friend Taylor Swift told her cool is overrated, and warm and human is always going to win. I think I have to agree here. I mean, everyone is always trying to be cool, but it's meaningless. On the other hand, warm sounds like a much better way to be. I mean, you can show off 'cool' friends for a few minutes, but 'warm' friends will always be there to help you when you really need it. Also, some people aren't naturally 'cool', and have to fake it. But nobody needs to fake 'warm', in fact 'warm' can't be faked. So a warm friend is always real, whilst a cool friend may not be, and may even lose her 'cool' if circumstances change. I definitely have to agree with Taylor here.

Katie: Sorry, but I cannot ever agree with Taylor Swift because I think she's fake. I think she's neither 'cool' or 'warm', she's just fake. And whilst both cool friends and warm friends can be good friends, fake friends just disappoint. Like how you have been disappointed by her 'betrayal' of country music.

Tara: Not really. I mean, I do like country Taylor better, but you can't call people fake just because they decide to do something else. And Taylor Swift is a great friend, Kelsea Ballerini said it in her interview.

Katie: It's not just that. I don't know why you like her, but, in my opinion, not only is she fake, she doesn't even do it too well. Does Fearless, Red or 1989 represent the real Taylor? Will the real Taylor Swift please stand up?

Tara: Once again, trying different things doesn't mean one is fake. I don't think I've ever worn a striped dress, but if I wore one tomorrow would I then become fake? Anyway, let's get back to the topic.

Jess: In my opinion, Taylor Swift might just have proven herself wrong. I mean, I think she used to be more 'warm', but since Red and especially in 1989 she's more 'cool'. I think she changed because 'cool' is popular and sells records.

Tara: So you think Taylor is fake too? You're agreeing with Katie?

Jess: Not really. I don't think Taylor is fake, I just think she doesn't know what she's talking about there. Honestly, I think she's like that a lot of the time.

Tara: You can't be serious.