Sunday, November 29, 2015

Episode 2: Should we do more for Movember? I mean, Emmy Rossum just did.

Tara: November will soon be finally over. As some of you may know, November is also Movember, where men grow moustaches to raise awareness for men's health. And some female celebrities have joined in too. Emmy Rossum did so this year, and I agree with her on the important role women can play here.

Jess: Emmy Rossum grew a moustache? Besides that being biologically impossible, it's also gross!

Tara: No, not growing facial hair ourselves. I mean, we can help raise awareness about prostate cancer and other men's health issues. We can get the men in our lives to be more aware, and do regular checkups, for example.

Jess: I don't know about that. I think men know their bodies best, and these women are just doing it for the publicity. Not that men will listen to us on their health issues anyway.

Katie: As long as it's not growing a moustache, I think we should help if we can. But if it gets to the point of growing a moustache, then you can count me out. I'm not getting ugly for the sake of any cause.

Jess: You know, I reckon if we let this women should participate in Movember thing grow, maybe one day we will all be morally obliged to wear a moustache to work. I know one office is doing it this year.

Katie: If that happens I would rather quit my job! There's no way I'm wearing a hideous, fake moustache!

Tara: Then maybe we should join forces to stop it from happening in the first place. I mean, participation is good, but not if we have to look stupid.

Jess: Relax people, it's not going to happen, I was just joking. Even though that would be a pity, because I think you two would look good with some facial hair.

Tara & Katie: What?

Jess: Just joking again.