Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's Support Diana Vickers - Here's 3 Reasons

UK singer Diana Vickers has released a new single for the first time in a few years, named Cinderella. She has scored one #1 in her home country, but I believe that she is still too underrated. Here are a few reasons I believe she should be more popular:

#1. She's Very Unique
Her voice is one of a kind. It struck me as something special way back in 2008 when I heard a snippet of her singing on X Factor. The other day my mom walked past my room when I was listening to her stuff, and she remarked about how 'special' the voice coming out from the speakers was. Enough said.

#2. Her Songs Are Pure Genius
The lyrics to her hits like The Boy Who Murdered Love and Cinderella are pure genius. Lines like " There's a mark upon your skin / Where your heart once used to be" and " If Cinderella was here tonight / She wouldn’t walk out the door leaving you behind / Midnight calling but she don’t care / She’d be a fool not to follow you everywhere" are not easy to find in the mass produced chart music of the 2010s.

#3. She's Not Tried Drugs
In 2010, she wrote in the UK Sun that "just because a drug is legal, you cannot assume it is safe." She also told Now Magazine that, regarding her 'experience' with drugs, "I've never tried them and I'm very proud of that." I am not judgmental about people who use drugs, but I do believe that people who can proudly say that they have never touched drugs are good role models for society. I myself can say that I have never touched drugs, and I can also say that it's thanks to a family, especially my mother, who have always highlighted the dangers of drugs to me from a young age. Some people are not as fortunate to have a family who cares for them, and therefore messages from other people to the same effect are needed.

Anyway, here's Cinderella:


By TaraElla (News, Website)