Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rihanna, Marijuana and Instagram

Rihanna has taken to Instagram to make her stance on marijuana known. Now there is a photo of her wearing a T-shirt with a marijuana leaf logo.

I am personally supportive of decriminalising marijuana. I guess I just don't agree with sending people to jail over a lifestyle choice that does not appear to harm others, and potentially break up families as a result.

However, I personally think what Rihanna is doing is glorification of marijuana use, something which I really don't agree with. I mean, people should have the right to do whatever they want, but think about this: marijuana is harmful to human brains. Therefore, to me, glorification of marijuana use is like glorification of smoking regular cigarettes, which has been almost universally condemned as effectively promoting lung cancer. It is utterly irresponsible behaviour.

Another reason to continue my Rihanna boycott, I guess.

By TaraElla (News, Website)