Saturday, November 2, 2013

Even Katy Perry has Some Limits

The recent proliferation of gross and controversial music videos from multiple female entertainers has provoked an increasingly hot conversation about whether things are going too far.

"I think there's a difference between pushing the envelope sexually and pushing the envelope creatively," Bette Midler recently told Katie Couric.

It appears that even Katy Perry, whose California Gurls video in 2010 made some of us really uncomfortable, wants less of what we are seeing out there too.

"I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm talking about all of them. I mean, it's like everybody's so naked. It's like, 'Put it away. We know you've got it. I got it, too'," she said.

I think we can safely conclude that things have gotten too far in 'pushing the envelope sexually' recently, and a return to more family friendly styles would be popular right now. Who is going to lead in that area? It would take someone brave to fill that role, I think.

By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!