Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Katy Perry vs Lady Gaga

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are two of the most popular contemporary pop artists. The two each releasing new stuff this year has prompted comparisons yet again. Even Glee had an episode on this just recently.

Honesty, until recently, I have never thought of Katy Perry or Lady Gaga as opposites - to me, they both did outrageous things - Lady Gaga had the Poker Face video as well as quite a few other boundary pushing ones, and Katy Perry had songs like I Kissed a Girl (which by the way was disrespectful to the gay community in my opinion) and videos like California Gurls. Sure, Gaga was weirder than Katy, but I thought it was a small difference anyway.

Needless to say, I disliked both of them. To me, a better contrast would be with artists like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, who would never do things like that.

Katy Perry has put out quite a good album this time round however, and my view of her appears to be changing. Maybe one day I will learn to truly like her. Lady Gaga, meanwhile, her stuff has gone downhill in my opinion. I don't think I will ever learn to like her.

So maybe Glee did have a point - Lady Gaga and Katy Perry may indeed be opposites in some ways.

By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!