Monday, November 11, 2013

Why Portia Didn't Want to be a Lesbian

Portia de Rossi, wife of Ellen DeGeneres, recently revealed why she did not want to be a lesbian in the past.

"I just didn't want to be a lesbian. I'd never met one for a start and I just thought they were strange and that they hated men and they were very serious and I had these ridiculous images in my head and there were no out celebrities or politicians or anybody that I could look to and go, 'Oh, I could be like that'," she said.

I guess one just cannot choose to not be something one is by birth, right?

Anyway, I think it's important that more 'normal', 'next door' type gay and lesbian characters for young gay people to relate to. It's all good being unique and a bit strange, but most people are not like that, nor do they want to be like that, gay or straight.

By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!