Friday, June 20, 2014

Three Questions: Iggy Azalea

If I ever get to interview Iggy, here are the three questions I would like to ask.

1. You have put emphasis on saying that you are 'real'. In fact, in your lyrics for Fancy, you say 'first things first, I'm the realest'. Why do you have to do that, though? I am not going to doubt that you are 'real' either way, you know. Of all the singers that I have listened to, I think Katie Melua would likely be the 'realest', yet I don't hear her going around saying that at all. What does 'I'm the realest' mean anyway?

2. You have a very special story. You know, living in rural Australia, then going to the US on your own, and finding your feet there. We want to know more, seriously. Will you write an autobiography someday?

3. Having lived in both Australia and different parts of the US, you are quite a mix of cultures, right? I have a similar experience and I think it makes me the unique person that I am. How would you say that the different cultures have shaped you?