Sunday, June 15, 2014

Three Questions: Miley Cyrus

If I ever get to interview Miley, here are the three questions I would like to ask. I know that these are quite tough questions, but life is all about asking the tough questions, right?

1. You said that what we are seeing now is the real you, rather than what you were in the past few years. I have to say that I was a fan of the 'old' you. Can you look me in the eye and tell me that I was a fan of a fake persona all that time?

2. It's definitely all right that you want to live your life a certain way. However, if I was having lunch in a restaurant and the lady sitting at the table next to me suddenly took off their clothes and started licking the tables and chairs, I would feel quite offended. Not that I think people can't ever do these things if that's what they like, but there's a time and place for everything, and I think you would agree that actions like that would be suited more to a private audience, and I really shouldn't be forced to watch while I eat. Whilst I haven't had the misfortune of having that exact appearance, a few months back I had a very similar experience. You see, your Wrecking Ball video was on TV at a restaurant where I ate. Don't you think that was a bit, well, inappropriate?

3. You are very positive towards marijuana, I understand. However, there is some evidence that marijuana can be harmful for the brain. I do believe people should be able to live however they choose to, and therefore I believe in marijuana legalisation. But I also believe that people choosing a particular course of action should have all the information available to them. Don't you think that glorifying marijuana whilst not mentioning any of the potential cons to its use may not be the most responsible thing to do?