Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What a Mess Teen Mom Is!

I've never watched MTV's Teen Mom. I refuse to watch it out of principle - I believe that losing your virginity before you are 21 is a major mistake in life, and should not be the topic of a television show. If someone ends up in that situation, they should be able to deal with it in private, rather than under the gaze of the public eye.

Recently, multiple characters from the program have faced troubles of one type and another, and often due to their own poor choices. I guess the public spotlight didn't help there too. I even partially blame Teen Mom for their troubles - for many, teenage pregnancy and motherhood would be a chance to learn a lesson in private about poor choices, and get their lives in order, but making it into a public show just takes this away from them.

I sincerely ask MTV to never do another 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, or similar show again.

By TaraElla (News, Website)