Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Don't Judge? Stop Using That Excuse!

In light of the recent Miley Cyrus VMAs scandal that I have already talked extensively about here, some people have raised the idea that, well, we shouldn't be so judgemental.

Excuse me? Judgemental? When I am only trying to protect the reputation of Western culture so that other Western-originated movements like women's rights and gay equality don't also get tarnished with the same brush?

Truth to be told, the idea of 'don't judge' has gotten too far nowadays, really. I surely won't judge Miley - if she did what she did in her own bedroom. But pushing our culture and anything good with it down the drain is something I cannot just sit and watch and 'not judge'.

If we, as a society, ceases to be outraged by incidents like Miley's VMA controversy, I don't think we are heading in the right direction at all.

By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!