Thursday, September 19, 2013

Miley Cyrus Defends her Video, but Why Did She Land Herself There in the First Place?

Miley's new video for the song Wrecking Ball is provoking huge controversy again. This time, it's because she appears to have no clothes on.

Now she is out there defending herself again. "I think the video is much more. If people get past the point that I'm naked and you actually look at me, you can tell I look more broken than even the song sounds," she said.

Actually, I believe the song is great. It's a shame that it's been spoiled by this controversy.

I am not one who supports rigidity. In fact, back in the year 2000 there was a major debate about whether Britney Spears was an inappropriate role model because of the way she dressed. I actually sided with Britney - she was otherwise wholesome and pro-family, why did people have to be so rigid, I asked back then.

But there is a world of difference between Britney back then and Miley right now, I think. For Britney, it was just how her personal style was. For Miley, it's not about any personal style, it's just about controversy all the time, new controversies every day. The controversies are centre stage, and she keeps pushing the boundaries even though we have told her collectively that it is not acceptable. Whilst I believe it is pointless arguing whether one should be allowed to dress in this or that for a public performance, dressing in nothing at all is a different thing - it is unacceptable everywhere around the world, and it is deliberately asking for controversy.


By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!