Saturday, September 28, 2013

Miley Cyrus said Boys are Seven Years Behind. What?

Miley Cyrus has gone from weird to weirder yet again - this time in an interview with Rolling Stones Magazine. In the interview, where she talked about Justin Bieber, she made an astonishing claim: "I think boys are, like, seven years behind. So in his head, he's really, like, 12," she said.

Where did she get the idea that boys are seven years behind - and not five or nine? Or that boys are behind at all, rather than just different? This is a seriously weird claim! What's more is that when you try to apply it to reality it doesn't work. We generally think people become adults at 21, so if males were indeed seven years behind, it means they don't become adults until 28? That's a really scary thought!

I also find it ironic that Miley Cyrus is commenting about somebody's maturity at all. Justin Bieber sure isn't known for being particularly mature, but neither is Miley herself! In fact, I don't think I know any 20 year old who acts like Miley does - they are generally past that stage, I believe.

Miley also claimed that she was sort of mentoring Justin Bieber: "I'm not much older than him, so I never want it to feel like I'm mentoring him," she said. But then she added the "But I do mentor him in a way." Well, it doesn't sound good for Justin to be mentored by someone who has caused such outrage around the world, I believe.

By TaraElla (News, Website) Discuss at the Forum!